Cavendish & Plantain Bananas Muffins!
Updated: Feb 11, 2020
This recipe is wheat flour less! So...that means it's gluten free. It came to me because I was out of wheat flour one day since I bake quite a lot in Fofky's Kitchen. So an idea struck us and voilà. Try it in your kitchen today.
Author : Fofky
Time : 30 minutes
Level of difficulty : Easy
Yield : 12 muffins
- 2 to 3 ripe Cavendish bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of plantain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- lemon peel (optional)
- chocolate backing chips (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Mash the bananas
- Add the egg, butter and sugar
- Mix them well
- Now, add the mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well again
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and divide the batter in the molds
- Bake at 300 F for 20 to 25 mins
- Garnish with the optional ingredients or put them in your batter.
A Fofky's Kitchen Recipe
Also check a clay pot muffin below, yum!
The batter mixture is composed of sweet potato, dry fruits, yogurt among others.