Fofky's Bean & Sweet Potato Pies
Updated: Feb 11, 2021
This bean pie recipe is an adaptation of Grandma Cheap Cheap's. In African kitchens, beans are a favorite and are used for fritters, as side dishes for rice or even mix in rice. Try this simple recipe today from Fofky's Kitchen.
Author : Fofky
Time : 90 minutes
Level of difficulty : Easy
- 2 cups of cooked blackeye peas
- 1/2 of stick butter
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 2 regular uncooked pie shells
- Warm the oven at 350 degrees
- In an electric blender, put all the ingredients and blend for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour the mixture into pie shells.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 90 minutes.
- Let it cool down...then
Check out our sweet potato pie below topped with frozen vanilla yoghurt...