Rognons au Chocolat
Updated: Apr 11, 2019
Author : Fofky
Time : 30 - 60 mins
Spicy kidneys are a thing for Africans and especially for Ivorians. Try this new and our original recipe with chocolate by Fofky's Kitchen.
- 1 pound of beef kidneys
- 1/2 to 1 pack of chocolate bar chopped
- 1 - 3 diced cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 - 3 diced habanero peppers
- 1- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or ground red pepper
- 1 small bunch of fresh green onion diced
- Rosemary (optional)
- 1 - 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 - 3 glasses of water
- Rinse the kidneys and trim any fat on it.
- Then, cut the meat in medium pieces.
- When down, boil the pieces of kidneys until soft and cooked.
- Next, sautéed the kidneys with salt, diced garlic, long slices of onions, diced tomatoes, chopped chocolate pieces until golden.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it cook for 15 - 20 minutes at low to medium heat.
Remove from heat and serve.